Saturday, May 2, 2009

So today is the first of many of Dom's big races...Xterra West cup Championships. He hasn't seen Kady in 3 days. He's probably going to cry when he does see her =o) I just love it when he cries over her! What a great Dad he is. I'm assuming Kady is also excited to see Daddy being that she's been up since 5am the booger. I don't remember EVER being this tired since having her. Blah! It's going to be a long day but a fun one.

For those of you who I have not spoke with yet about Kady's follow up yesterday (we go every month) with the G.I. (gastrointestinal) doctor, we have Kady scheduled for an endoscopy and colonoscopy on May 21st and we should have results by May 29th. Because of Ethan's situation, in fear that they may find something wrong that's hereditary or what not, I am nervous about the procedures. I'm sure it'll all be fine and that I have a case of the first time mom worries but it is something I think about and it'll be nice to have answers. Briefly for those who aren't up to speed, Kadence has had diarreah since Thanksgiving. She was treated for c-difficle twice already and there is concern as to why she ever got it in the first place. We've been doing all sorts of testing from an allergy panel to Cystic Fibrosis.

The Doctor did say among other things, that he will look for IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease), the condition of the colon and small intestines and to see if she may be lacking an enzyme that would help with the absorption of food etc...Ironically, I lacked an enzyme as a child and was on a strict jello diet for months because of it...yuck!! He'll also be taking stool and tissue samples right from the source to be tested. So, here's to hoping for a simple problem with an easy fix.

Well, I should probably finish loading the car so I can go get a STARBUCKS and head out to see Daddy. I'll post pics of the race soon.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment