Monday, August 9, 2010

Dancing in the rain

To be able to dance in the rain. To be as free as a little child that knows no fear, no judgment, no shame for doing something that makes her happy. Not caring whether she’ll slip or fall in the mud, not caring whether she’ll get drenched all over. When you dance in the rain, you remember once more how to dance in life, you remember once more the taste of heaven.  






It's rare in the desert that the rain falls and the sun shines at the same time.  It was so breathtaking and  glorious that Kadence and I took the opportunity to dance in it...Zoe too.  Immediately she asked me if she could kiss the rain.   It was so sweet and innocent.  Of course I smiled and said yes.  It was one of those feel good moments.  You know, the kind that makes you feel all is right with the world?

Shortly after Kady kissed the rain, a big, loud thunder crashed in the sky.  She jumped, screamed and ran into my arms.  I explained to her what it was and after a few more she was okay with the sound of "under."  It was then that she said to me "mom, the under is loud like Kady!"  Again, I smiled and said yes.



 "You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth."
  ~William W. Purkey




Today was a taste of heaven on earth...

No comments:

Post a Comment