Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I have to say I'm more than happy to bid the month of August a MASSIVE bon-voyage!!!  For starters, September for me is a representation of the beginning of fall which is BY FAR my most favorite time of year.  This past August posed more difficult than the previous year and for reasons I'm not sure.  It seemed to be more difficult not just for me but for friends and family as well.  For me, the month of August is an agonizing reminder of loved ones lost, what should be birthday's and wedding anniversaries but never will be.  Not to mention, this August in particular Dominic started a new job with CrAzY hours and the girls and I have barely seen him...lame! 

Don't get me wrong, there were a few things to celebrate this month...three bright shiny spots for three of my dear friends who gave birth to three beautiful bundles of joy.  Welcome to the world baby Jack Robert White, Reese Victoria Marie McNulty, and Isabelle Sophia Yoder. What a blessing for all these first time mommy's.  I have yet to meet them all and am looking forward to it.

However, despite the three bright spots this past month, it's safe to say that I personally could live without the month of August in the calender year.  I'm thankful for September and am happy to great it.  Bring on the cooler weather, the trick-or-treating, the crackling fireplace, the relaxing hot tub, the turkey dinner, the jolly times, bring on the FALL!! 

2 comments: