Sunday, October 3, 2010

10 years

Exactly 10 years ago today, I moved to Las Vegas....Wow.  "What a long strange trip it's been" to say the least.  I never in my life imagined I'd be here any longer than it took to graduate college. And yes, that took about 2 years longer than expected.  I guess technically living anywhere for 10 years means you are  "from" there.  At least that's what I was told once upon a time.  That means I'm officially from Las Vegas.  Ah...Oh well!  Las Vegas has actually been somewhat kind to me over the past 10 years. Or should I say 8 because those first two were rough and a bit of a blur.   I did a lot of growing, discovering, maturing here.  Not too shabby for living in the City of Sin. Not many people can survive in this town.  I found my husband here, we had our 2 girls here, I have more friends here that I call family than I can count.  When we do finally relocate, and we WILL relocate, it will be a VERY sad day.


Bethany is one of my reasons for moving here.  We also lived together for quite a few years.  She is a school teacher (which was her reason for moving to Vegas), she also found her husband here and they were married just 2 years ago.  They are expecting their first baby girl, Bailey Jean on January 1st 2011.




Tracie came to visit Bethany and I SO much she also decided to relocate to Las Vegas  from Spokane not long after Bethany and I.  Bethany introduced Tracie to her husband David and they have 2 beautiful kids Aubrie and Parker both the same age as mine.


I couldn't have made it through the past 10years here without you ladies.  Thanks for all the laughs, love, tears, play dates, fights, fat Tuesday's and drunken nights ...and everything in between.  I wouldn't have survived without you both and don't ya'll know it =o)   Love you two oodles and bunches.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment