Thursday, November 18, 2010

In 2weeks and 2 days I'll be running the Vegas Rock N' Roll 1/2 Marathon.  I'm already a nervous wreck about it.  I'm also REALLY proud of how far I've already come considering in July I couldn't even finish a 1/2 a mile let alone a 13.1 half marathon.  I'm still waiting for that runner's high to kick every time I run.  It certainly doesn't feel any easier but maybe that's because I continue to push my boundaries.  For now what keeps me going is the sense of accomplishment after each and every run.  It's my hope to sustain some kind of momentum and possibly finish a full 26.2 mile marathon sometime late next year.  Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself.  Let's see how this one goes first.  For those of you interested, I know there is a way to track my progress during the race (not that I'm racing it).  It will send updates of my progress to your cell phone via text messages.  Here is the link to sign up for the Runner Tracking:  https://www.competitorwireless.com/.  I'm curious to see how well it works.


















December 5th is the big day!  Stay tuned for race results and pictures to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment