Thursday, June 30, 2011

kicking my own A--

Wow!  At some point during the last 6-8 months a major fire has been lit under my A-- to say the least!  I know where it started and I like where it's going.  Back in September  I committed to personal training a stricter meal/nutritional plan and a work out regiment that almost killed me...I loved every bit of it.  I was ready to shed all that extra baby weight I'd been carrying around the previous 3 years.  I set my sights on the Las Vegas 1/2 Marathon and got moving...literally.  What plagued me most of my adult life suddenly became easy and without thought I was working out in one form or another 5-6x per week for two hours at a time.  Although athletic growing up, you never would have guessed the adult me would be doing the things I've been doing.  I finished my first half marathon in under 2hrs, from which I've been told is really good for never having run before.  Also, I just completed my 3rd triathlon taking 3rd overall female.  Yeah me!  Totally unexpected.  I competed in Tough Mudder, Southern California and didn't finish due to mild hypothermia (not because I wasn't physically prepared).  The weather conditions were beyond terrible.  It's nice being in the best physical shape of my life and crossing accomplishments off my bucket list one event at a time.  The summer is going to be slow.  The agenda this fall however is cram packed.....

September 19th -- Tough Mudder in Squaw Valley with the hubby ( I will finish a mudder)
October 1st -- Beach Palooza in Long Beach, California (maybe as of now)
October 21st and 22nd -- Ragnar Las Vegas
November -- A triathlon somewhere.  Probably Lake Mead
December 4th -- Las Vegas half Marathon (up and down the strip at night.  Setting a personal record is a must)

I have to say, I'm addicted.  I LOVE IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment