Thursday, September 1, 2011

Summer Vacation Recap

Is it really September 1st???  It's hard to believe that Summer is coming to an end.  We have had a fun, full-filled, busy one.

For starters, Dominic and I both  began new jobs.  Keith and Dominic's event racing company was acquired by Lifetime Fitness and with that he became a full time employee of Lifetime.  He still does the same job but with different headaches and stresses than before and a lot less pressure.  He's good at what he does and I'm fairly certain he enjoys it.  I decided to take a break from the "stay at home" mom gig and go back to work.  For now I'm just waiting tables 3-4 nights a week while Dom stays home with the kids.  So far it's working out great even though I haven't managed to adjust quite yet.

JUNE
First event of the summer was the Diamond Kids Triathlon of which Kady participated in the fun run.  She looked SO cute and had a ton of fun....

Immediately following was a quick 24hr trip out to California for myself to attend a friend's "Royal Wedding" themed bridal luncheon.  The setting, an amazing mansion set high up on a ridge in the Anaheim Hills.  It was stunning and us ladies and our cocktail hats were a hit.  Here's a picture of the hat I made....

Next was a trip to Lake Cascade, ID where we met my parents for a long weekend.  Dom had a triathlon to put on and I competed.  Yours truly took 3rd place overall female in the triathlon as well....Go me :) Our furry kids were able to join us for this one.  The kids got some quality one on one time with Grandma and Grandpa where Kadence learned how to fish and caught her first one ever.  She ended up catching more fish then Dom, myself and my dad combined.  Is it beginners luck or skill inherited from her grandfather??  Who knows but I'm sure the pink barbie pole had something to do with it...

JULY
July started off with a BANG!  We hosted a 4th of July going away bash for our dear friends Mike and Halee.  He's in the Air Force and had been re-stationed to New Mexico.   There were tons of friends, food, booze, water balloons, jello shots, fireworks....shenanigans.  It was a good time...

We spent 10 days on the East Coast at Dominic's parents house.  His sister and family drove down with there camper from Maryland to join us for the week and set up shop at a nice beach front campground.  We did a lot of eating, shopping, hanging out on the beach, surf fishing and had a celebration for Nana's 90th birthday.  It's always a special time seeing the in-laws.  I just wish it could be more often.  We took Zoe's for her first time to the beach.  It's safe to say she's fearless and loved every bit of it. If only she loved the 5hr plane flight over. Ha! ...

AUGUST
Kadence began swim lessons this August.  Out of no where for some reason she became scared to death of the pool and swimming.  Odd because we spend so much time in our own pool out back.  She is 5 weeks in and making slow but great progress every day.  Even though she fights me every week to go, I think she secretly loves it...


Zoe sprouted 5 teeth over the summer.  Her vocabulary is vastly improving.  She says a new word everyday.  It's just hard to get her to repeat that word at the appropriate times.  Like always, she was a good and faithful companion and side kick this summer.  She sure does keep us on our toes.  The girls have been invited to more kids birthday parties this month then we could attend.  It's tough being so popular...


 Dominic and I were able to fit in plenty of date nights four ourselves this summer...always a must.  We went to a few different concerts outdoors poolside and what not.  Super fun...

Summer was a BLAST and I'm sad to see it go.  I am more than ready for fall though and some much needed COOLER weather.  By the way, Costco has Christmas stuff out already.  And I thought planning Halloween 2 months in advance was early.  Whoa...









No comments:

Post a Comment