Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

I'm thankful for my kids that forced me to become domestic.  To learn how to cook.  Who taught me how to nurture. That give me constant messes to clean up after and twice as much laundry.

Whom keep me young and carefree, creative and cautious, thoughtful and giving, honest and respectful,  caring and loving.

For the crusty food in their hair, the dirt under their  fingernails and the stains on their clothes. The scrapes on their knees, the bruises on their foreheads and the boogers in their nose.  These are signs of a healthy, happy kid and for that I am thankful.

They fill my days with amusement, wonder, stress, worry, doubt, innocence, laughter, smiles and fun.  They love me unconditionally.   They test my patience.   They warm my soul.  They melt my heart.

There is no greater responsibility or reward than raising a truly decent and kind human being.  I'm thankful for the opportunity to do so.

Because of them, I am a parent and teacher but most importantly a role model.  They are my heart walking around outside my body.  I'm thankful for every year, month, week, day, hour, minute I'm given to spend with them.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to always kiss them goodnight, even if they are already sleeping.  To tell them I love them every chance I get.

I'm thankful to God for so graciously trusting me with two precious, beautiful gifts wrapped up in the form of tiny humans!   I will never raise a hand to my children (After all that just leaves the groin unprotected :).   I promise to lead by example and to not handicap them by making their lives easy.  I will give them problems to solve, not answers to remember.   I shall never forget that simply HAVING kids does not make me a mother.  I will continue to be humbled every time my children occasionally, and politely, put me  in my place.

Kadence and Zoe....this Thanksgiving I'm BEYOND thankful for you.  The ride has been thrilling.  Last but not least, I'm thankful for an amazing husband that with out these little wonders would never have been created.  Thank you for making my world complete.   I love you!


"You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back."  ~William D. Tammeus




No comments:

Post a Comment