Monday, April 19, 2010

A bit of sad news came our way this morning, for me at least.

There is a sweet young boy named Robbie.  He turns two in just a couple weeks.  Robbie is referred to as Baby R by my family and I.  Baby R was my nephew Ethans roomate during his NICU stay at Deaconess Hospital in Spokane.  Baby R was born early, somewhere around the 25 week mark and that was the cause of his stay in the NICU.  Throughout his time there, my brother Kip and Tia became good friends with baby R's parents.  They are a quiet and caring couple.  Lived just outside of Spokane.  The Ronald McDonald house downtown put them up every time Robbie was re-admitted.  They were kind enough to attend Ethan's funeral, continue to keep in touch with Kip and Tia and have spent time hanging out with my family at my parents house for Bbq's.   Needless to say the 3 of them have been in my thoughts and prayers daily since the first time I met them almost 2yrs ago. 

Today we were informed that Baby R has yet again been admitted to Sacred Heart Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. He is VERY ill.  He has been put on an Oscillator (a much stronger version of a ventilator) and has become Septic (blood infection).  He also has European RSV.  I couldn't tell you what European RSV is.  All in all....NOT GOOD!!

My wish today is, if you find yourself reading this post, you pray for sweet baby R and his family.  I do believe in little miracles and I'd really like for baby R to be one.

Left: Ethan,  Right:  Robbie 
Fall of 2009

"The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him." ~Pablo Casals


2 comments:

  1. Ash,
    Sorry to hear this!! I will be praying for little Robbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash,

    Little Robbie and his family will be in our prayers tonight! Blake was at Deaconess too and they were absolutly wonderful helping with the loss of Brody...no parent should have to go through this! Thinking of you sweetie!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete