Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Eggstravaganza

This year Kadence was finally old enough to really enjoy Easter.  As she gets older, I look more and more forward to holidays.  It's moments like these that should make anyone want to have children.  I couldn't imagine it any other way.



Friday we spent the afternoon dying Easter eggs.  Somehow I  was more excited about dying Easter eggs than Kadence.  We managed to have a ton of fun regardless and it's always great to be doing things together as a family.  Thankfully there are no hazards to report just one stained table cloth and 10 stained fingers.









This is how Zoe decided to spend her time as we dyed Easter eggs.  As if the girl needed more beauty rest.  I do admire her choice in eye masks.








We discovered these handy window decorations stuck to many different surfaces.  They moved around the house day to day from the fridge to the fireplace to the windows and the slider door.



"The Goods"









 






Saturday we attempted to go meet the Easter Bunny at Springs Preserve.  It was so packed we ended up at the mall across the street.  Kady was pretty excited to "see" the Easter bunny.  Knowing she'd be scared to death to actually "meet" him, we opted just to wave and skip waiting in the long line there also.  Maybe next year.





Sunday was fairly routine.  Dom woke up early to pick up coffee and Einstein bagels.  He even surprised me with an Easter basket. We attended Easter service, came home for lunch and naps, hid Easter Eggs and hunted them down....twice.  It's quite possible Dominic and I enjoyed watching Kady find "another one. Egg!" more than she did.









The Hunt...












...and now it's time for an Easter glass of vino!

"The resurrection gives our life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what our circumstances."  ~Robert Flatt

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had great Easter!!

    You love that picture of you and your girls...you are so pretty!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant you I love that picture of you and your girls! Silly me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. why do I keep saying YOU! what is wrong with me...you get the idea!

    ReplyDelete