Monday, July 26, 2010

It's so crazy at the end of each day I think, "tomorrow can't possibly get any better"....and then it does.  I don't know what it is.  Maybe the age of which my children are.  The fact that life has been so rough the past year and now were on the upswing.  My choice in planning of activities.  Good friends, family, home, dogs....I'm not sure.  Each day turns out to better than the last and it's always a pleasant surprise.

Kadence
For starters...Potty training is in progress.  So far we are doing great.  I just love seeing the excitement on Kady's face when she actually does it.  She also takes a Toddler Ninjas class that she talks about all week long and we look forward to going every Monday.  We have some really great friends who also have two girls the same age as ours.  Every Friday night we go to their house Bbq, swim and watch a movie on their big screen in the back yard....fun!!  Her vocabulary is so extensive now.  Half the time she'll use words that I don't even use.  It makes me smile.  She is SO smart.  Too smart for her own good.  This past weekend we had a super RAD day.  I have some friends who own a fancy Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar called Ferraros.  Saturday morning/afternoon they decided to shut it down for a private pizza making party for friends and kids.  Kadence had SUCH A BLAST making and eating pizza...her first ever pizza by the way.  They were more than accommodating.  Mimmo (the owner) made sure there were no ingredients out that Kady would be allergic too.  I'll post pics of the pizza party soon.  Kady has also been sleeping in her new big girl bed for the past month in her new "big" girl room.  We've finished everything but pictures on the wall.  A friend of mine was kind enough to give us all of her younger sister's furniture since she's getting a new set.  It's an antique white, Victorian looking...very girlie.  It came with a dresser, desk, shelves, mirror, trunk and nightstand.  Everything but the head and foot board in which we don't really need anyway.  She has fallen out of bed twice.  Kadence is so proud of her new room.  She shows everyone who comes over to visit.  She calls it her present. LoL!  Part of one wall is a chalkboard.  It's pretty neat.  I'll post pics of that also.  On Kady's health issues, we're nowhere.  Not sure what the next step is either.


Zoe
If I told you she was/is a perfect baby you probably wouldn't believe me.  However, she is!!!  She NEVER cries.  Not even when she wakes up.  She smiles CONSTANTLY and just loves being talked to.  I can't believe how I lucked out with such a perfect angel baby.  Did I mention she sleeps 13hours straight every night??  She's starting to roll over now and is very close to sitting up on her own.  I'm pretty sure she is also teething....It won't be long.  This next month we will start solid foods and again I will make my own baby food.  Zoe has also been sleeping in her new room in the crib and is sleeping like a baby...pun intended.  Her reflux seems to be a bit worse the past couple months than it was the 2 months before that but nothing alarming.  We haven't up'd her dosage to match her weight since she was 6wks old, so that may be part of the problem.  Simple fix.  I'm hoping solid foods will help with that also.



Things have been going really well.  My only complaint is that Dom has not been able to enjoy in the festivities because he's been working so much.  Then again that's not really a complaint since he's been out of work for the past 10 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment