Thursday, July 8, 2010

Not so Bright and Shiny


Two weeks ago today the world lost another young, beautiful soul, a child.  Conner was a fighter and battled through 7 years of life with Cystic Fibrosis.  It was a few months back when I came across his mother's blog Not So Bright and Shiny and began following his life's journey....their life's journey.  It's powerful and has taught me a lot about motherhood, parenting and life.  It's times like this that are a reminder to stop complaining over the stupid, insignificant small shit because it doesn't matter.  To not allow myself to get caught up in the unimportant parts of this world.  Every time we're running late and I begin rushing Kady or when I get angry with her and raise my voice or when I just have no patience left,  I stop and think... I have this time with MY child that so many other mother's don't or can't have.  I shouldn't take it for granted, not in the slightest.  And I don't, but often times I find myself caught up in the stresses of daily life that I forget what's most important...time.  Time spent with my family, children and husband.  My world revolves around them.  I'm thankful to have them here with me and healthy.  Such a blessing!  I owe a lot to Conner and his extraordinary mother Sarah.  I'm so thankful they were able to share their life with me and so many others. 

Here's the link to read of his last 24 hours here on earth written by Sarah....Not So Bright and Shiny.  As heart breaking and tear jerking as it may be, it's also beautiful and every thing glorious.  May Conner and Ethan be the BEST of friends forever until we see our baby boys again.  Breathe easy sweet Conner....

No comments:

Post a Comment