Saturday, January 15, 2011

determination

I think a lot can be learned from kids.  Especially my kids  :)  Alright, I had to say that.  In this post I'm referring to my 10 month old Zoe.  This kid has more determination than any I have seen in a long time.  If there were enough hours to waste in the day, I would sit on the couch or living room floor and watch her endlessly.  She's at that stage where she's rolling, crawling and pulling herself up on things.  All you hear is huffing and puffing as her cheeks turn rosy pink and her body temperature begins to rise.  Have you ever sat back and watched a child at that age??  Watched them move?  Man it looks exhausting.  But to watch her struggle, fall down and pick herself right back up again over and over and over and OVER is absolutely amazing to me.  What determination!!!!  To learn how to walk....geesh, what hard work.  I consider it a blessing that we don't remember such challenging tasks as this (and teething).  Just think of what your own personal life could be like if you approached everything with that kind of determination.  How about the world?  Such a refreshing frame of mind.  The farther you climb, the farther you fall.  The harder you try, the greater the possibility for disappointment if things don't pan out.  But wouldn't it be worth it to know that you at least gave it your ALL?!  There would be little room for "what if" or "I wonder."  At least you would know "I gave it my all,"  "I tried."  Don't let fear stand in your way or even fear of disappointment.  More is lost by indecision than no decision at all.   Pick your path in life and live it the best that you know how.  With as much determination as you have.   Keep your dreams alive.  It's important to understand  to achieve anything requires faith and belief.  Belief in yourself, vision, hard work and determination.   "Remember all things are possible for those who believe." 


Attack life!!  It's going to kill you anyway.

Thank you to my beautiful daughters for always reminding me how to live.  How to be.  I admire what children can teach us without speaking a single word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment