Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Kady Update

Is it really December already??  I know I've had my tree up for 2 weeks now but it still feels like it came so quick.

Today we were back at the allergist for Kadence.  Count so far:  1 year, 1 colonoscopy, 1 endoscopy, 2 Gastrointestinal Dr's, 2 Allergists, 2 rounds of allergy testing, 4x stool sampling, 5 rounds of bloodwork and.....no answer....yet!  Ugh!!!  Today will start day 1 of a liquid diet only for Kady. By liquid diet I mean ONLY water and this special formula called Elecare.  We will do this for the next 6-8 weeks.  The fun part, besides all the other fun parts to this nightmare, is how costly this "special" formula is.  My nephew Ethan was on this formula also and he went through $900/month.  Granted he had a lot of feeding tube issues, leaks and spills adding to the cost and waste.  I imagine it will run us about $600-$800/month if she drinks what I feel she needs to drink.  That's only if we can get her to start drinking it at all.  So far, she's NOT a fan and I don't blame her.  It doesn't smell appealing.  And, let me tell you something...Vanilla does not mask the smell and taste of crap!  Poor kid. 

So, here we are.  Me personally, I'm feeling a little defeated.  Staying positive as much as I can but I'm super frustrated.  I wish there was a simple fix for this.


I'll keep you posted.  All I can say is that this BETTER work!

No comments:

Post a Comment