Thursday, December 31, 2009

 I remember when the year 2010 seemed light years away.  It's hard to believe that it's already here.

Well, I'm looking forward to a new year.  Seems like each year when I think I've reached a comfortable place, it ends up teaching me some valuable lessons...I grow, reflect and take it all in.  2009 was no different.  I lived, I learned and I felt continually blessed...not with material things, but the things that matter.  Thank you Lord.  I could list all the lessons learned, blessings felt and such.  But the sum of all of these is simply TRUST and FAITH.  Trust what I already KNOW.  TRUST that HE is telling me quietly, that I just have to have FAITHListen to that small still voice.   


I wanted to make some pretty significant changes for 2009.  Some changes that I should have made sooner.  Remember that small still voice...it was there...for months.  I didn't listen for a while, I ignored it...thought I had it under control.  But it was constant.  Telling me...reminding me...whispering softly.  So I did...make some changes.  And some things were out of my control.  And that's okay.  But every wonderful thing and scary thing and decision made in 2009 made me wiser, stronger, and more FAITHFUL.

The truth is, I LIKE change, I like the excitement that comes with a new adventure...the possibilites of where it might take me.  I love a challenge.  I love a CONTROL F5...or a REFRESH.  Be it a new year, putting a different spin on something old or just a new direction.  I'm not afraid to jump in...if only I have one thread of FAITH to hold onto.  I know it will be okay.  So many times I've repeated my NEW mantra, "variety is the spice of life."   I am a dreamer, an optimist though I do not believe in luck...at all.  I believe that GOD has a plan and a purpose.  That's why I'm okay with whatever comes my way.  I know that it is to teach me, guide me and keep me in line with HIS plan.  It doesn't mean life will be a breeze.   It just means that I think I can handle it...with HIM.  All things are possible to him that believe. 


So...here we are...
As the sun sets on the west in 2009 and the warm sunlight of 2010 rises in the east, I'm home with my husband and our daughter, getting ready to build a fort in the living room, eat popcorn and watch Snow White.  There is nowhere else in the world I'd rather be.  I'm looking forward to wonderful exciting things to unfold in this NEW YEAR!!!  Anything is possible!   What I look forward to the most is spending another twelve amazing months making new memories with these two lovies and our new lovie to come this February...

No comments:

Post a Comment