Tuesday, January 19, 2010

 IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN
http://www.cff.org/great_strides/AshleyGuinto5877

If you know me or my family then you know just how much this means to us!!  After losing my nephew to Cystic Fibrosis this last March of 2009 and finding out for the first time that CF is hereditary and runs in my family, we have become  huge supporters of the CFF (cystic fibrosis foundation).

Last year I found the GREAT STRIDES walk and on short notice with the help of many of my friends and family, we were able to raise a good amount of money and had a great turnout for the walk.  I don't think those people will ever know just how much it meant to me to have their support.

I have a girlfriend who is a Manager at one of the Starbucks here in town. They have offered to match whatever donations Team Ethan brings in this year.  Pretty amazing if you ask me.  It's hard for me to talk about without getting teary eyed.  I know how rough this year and the past couple have been on many people.  Dominic and I included.  If donating isn't an option, that's okay.  Supporting the CFF doesn't have to be about money.  Like mentioned before, just showing support by participating in the walk (which is free) and helping raise awareness for the CFF is more than enough.

Please help Team Ethan  be as successful as it can be this year.  My family will be walking here in Las Vegas on April 17th, Honolulu Hawaii on May 29th and in Spokane, Washington on June 5th in Ethan's honor.  We would love for you to join us. If walking with us isn't an option due to living in a different state,  I encourage you to find a walk in your area.  Meet new people, those living with CF, hear their struggles and triumphs and get some exercise.  What have you got to lose?

I've made it easy for you.  Just click the link below to find a walk, register for a walk or read about GREAT STRIDES!
http://www.cff.org/GREAT_STRIDES/


 


No comments:

Post a Comment